Video arbitration assistance came to Argentine football and, on its first date, ended up impacting several results.
The VAR made its landing in Professional League Cup and was practically the protagonist on Date 8 of the match, with several interventions during the matches which, in some cases, modified resultsboth in the goal difference and in the points that each team added. Following, all the incidents of the VAR on the 8th of the Professional League Cup and what the positions would be like if the video referee assistance had not yet been implemented.
VAR in the Professional League Cup: all interventions on 8 that affected the results
- Colon 1 – 3 Aldosives: 12 minutes in the first half, Gian Nardelli stumbled upon the area and touched the ball with his hand. The referee Nicola Lamolina revised the game at the VAR for possible “hand penalty” and sanctioned with the maximum penalty. There, Martín Cauteruccio scored the 1-0 in favor of Aldosivi.
CONSEQUENCE: A goal is subtracted Aldosives with a final result of 2-1.
- Foundation Council 2 – 1 Union: 39 minutes in the second half, Enzo Roldano He touched the ball with his hand after a corner kick from Entre Ríos’s team. Fernando Espinoza he examined the game and found that although the ball touched the player’s hand with his back turned, it increased the volume of his body. Luca Barrios converted the penalty for a goal e Patronage won the game with that goal.
CONSEQUENCE: the match ends 1-1 e Patronage It has two points less.
- Central Córdoba 2 – 2 Hurricane: 2 minutes from the start of the match, Claudio Riano Porta Ferroviario took the lead on a free kick and scored 1-0. However, Facundo Tello decided to cancel the goal for offside. A few minutes later, after the intervention of the VAR, the decision was overturned and the goal was confirmed realizing that the ball had been deflected from Walter Perez.
CONSEQUENCE: Hurricane win the game 2-1.
Velez 3 – 1 Lanus: 47 minutes in the second half Luca Pratt scored the third goal for Fortín but, while celebrating, the linesman raised the flag for allegedly offside by Franco Diaz before the Bear touches her. After ten minute review for connection issuesthe goal has finally been validated.
CONSEQUENCE: Velez win the game 2-1.
- Godoy Cruz 3 – 3 Students: At 40 ‘of the complement, the VAR called referee Yael Falcón Perez to review a decision that led to the penalty that Martín Ojeda changed for a goal to temporarily put things in Tomba’s favor 3-2.
CONSEQUENCE: Students win the game 3-2.
- Defense and Justice 1 – 2 River: the referee Patrizio Loustau had invalidated the Falcon’s discount at the foot of Walter Bou for offside. However, after three minutes of review, The VAR canceled the decision and confirmed the goal.
CONSEQUENCES: River win the game 2-0.
- Boca 2 – 2 Arsenal: 29 minutes in the second half, Leandro Rey Hilder charged a penalty in favor of Xeneize at the request of the VAR, who observed a hold red frames. The match temporarily put the locals ahead on the 2-1 scoreboard.
CONSEQUENCE: Arsenal win the game 2-1.
- Newell’s 3 – 1 Platense: 8 minutes into the second half, the referee Pablo Dovalo charged a penalty for a hold on Giovanni Garro what Nicola Castro he changed for a goal to bring Leprosy forward 2-1.
CONSEQUENCE: by Newell win the game 2-1.
This would be the ranking without VAR in the Professional League Cup
- Racing: 18 points (+12 goal difference)
- River: 16 points (+10)
- by Newell: 16 points (+3)
- Union: 15 points (+3)
- Argentines: 14 points (+3)
- Defense and Justice: 14 points (+1)
- banfield: 11 points (+2)
- Sarmiento: 11 points (-3)
- Gym: 9 points (-7)
- Saint Lawrence: 7 points (-2)
- Platense: 7 points (-5)
- Patronage: 5 points (-5)
- Laboratories: 5 points (-4)
- Atletico Tucumán: 5 points (-10)
- Students: 17 points (+4 goal difference)
- Tiger: 15 points (+8)
- Boca: 14 points (+2)
- hurricane: 14 points (+1)
- Colon: 13 points (+3)
- Aldosives: 13 points (+2)
- Arsenal: 11 points (0)
- Independent: 10 points (0)
- Velez: 9 points (-1)
- Central Cordoba: 8 points (-1)
- Central curtains: 9 points (-4)
- Central Rosary: 7 points (-5)
- Lano: 6 points (-2)
- Godoy Cruz: 6 points (-3)
This is what the tables of the Professional League Cup look like
I have experienced the entire Professional Soccer League on TyCSports.com! I continued online all the matches of the Professional football championship with the minute-by-minute resultsdiscover the upcoming games and the most important news on football in the first division of Argentina. Sign up for free, indicate your preferences (which club you are a fan of) to receive notifications or download our APP (available at Android & iOS) and don’t miss any of the Professional football championship!
do not miss anything
Get the latest news from the Liga Profesional de Fútbol and more!